Apr 5, 2014

How I solved my SD card corruption problems by modding the Raspberry Pi

I've spent last month struggling (once again, after some trouble with the power) with SD card corruptions due to the Raspberry Pi's "design idiosyncrasy" (a funny name to avoid cursing).
Until I finally found a solution... 



Feb 18, 2014

Impress Progress Bar



A few months ago I wanted to have a progress bar in an Impress presentation, but couldn't find a feature to generate it automatically. So I had to write a macro script... 

Feb 4, 2014

Playing with the 3D printer & microfusion metal casting

Today I collected my first microfused things from Fundiart, in  Valencia.
The items were printed in PLA and cast in brass, and the results are excellent.
Continue reading to see a video and some pictures...




Oct 1, 2013

Climberbot III

A little one is born. After a lot of 3D refinement there is a working prototype on the road… keep reading!

Sep 10, 2013

Climberbots II - work in progress

vlcsnap-2013-09-10-20h41m40s239 So, here we are again, with Climberbot II, of the babelbots project.
Last version was made out of recycled scrap and household stuff. And it worked, partially. But the tracks were not good enough for further development.

Aug 16, 2013

Climberbot... climbing!

This is a prototype model made out of household stuff.

The tracks are made out of a kitchen mat and the wheels with bottle caps.

Aug 5, 2013

Press-casting with polymorph

While waiting for a 3D printer to arrive, I wanted to try press-casting with polymorph....